[Rpm-ecosystem] Feaders rewritten in Rust using Libhif

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Apr 21 14:04:30 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016, at 06:02 AM, Pavel Odvody wrote:

> That is on my radar, but from experience, people tend to #include
> *much* more than they put into CMakeList.txt or configure.ac -- even
> libhif itself doesn't list librepo,

FIND_LIBRARY(REPO_LIBRARY repo REQUIRED)

> GObject,

PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GLIB gio-unix-2.0>=2.44.0 REQUIRED)

(gobject and glib are transitive dependencies from gio-unix-2.0)

> GObjectIntrospection

That's true, but we're not using it as a C library, but rather via /usr/bin/g-ir-scanner.

> others in CMakeList.txt (or there's no version checks) and you just
> need to jump back and forth to figure out what is actually needed when
> you're working with some minimal build environment like Docker base
> image.

If I was spending time on this, I would patch build systems like autotools
and cmake to, when failing to find a pkg-config file, detect the distribution
and automatically spit out a compatible package name.

The other thing of course is to look at .spec files and such upstream,
and in this case since libhif is already packaged, `yum-builddep libhif`.