[Rpm-ecosystem] rpm-ostree's usage of libhif/hawkey merge

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Tue Jan 26 17:40:38 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016, at 11:27 AM, Neal Gompa wrote:

> That would break way too many things.

What would break, exactly?

> The problem with what your
> suggesting that it implies you are the only consumer of libhif.

I guess I didn't spell out that I was also suggesting we still
support installing it as a shared library.  But maybe Richard
or Jan would want to change dnf/PackageKit to also use it
as a submodule, I don't know.

> On top
> of that, using libhif as a git submodule implies that you'd be editing
> the codebase directly.

Yes.  For a while.

> We can't really afford to have people do stuff like that.

Your use of the term "we" here seems odd given I have
commits in most of the git repos under discussion here, while you
have zero.