[Rpm-ecosystem] Improving debuginfo packages

Mark Wielaard mjw at redhat.com
Fri Jun 3 12:15:32 UTC 2016

Hi,

Since every project these days needs a todo list in the cloud I created
one for improving rpm debuginfo packages:
http://taiga.fedorainfracloud.org/project/mjw-better-rpm-debuginfo-package-creation/kanban

Various patches from Fedora have already been extended with testcases
and posted. The separate build-id links patch is in progress (still
needs more testcases). I am committed to add at least #5 make build-ids
unique, #6 unique .debug file names and #7 unique source file
directories. I would really like to see the others also added to rpm
upstream, but don't know if I have enough time for that.

Please let me know if you think something is missing, if I am
describing/doing something wrongly, or if you could help push some of
these changes forward.

Thanks,

Mark