[Rpm-ecosystem] Reproducible Builds

Michael Schroeder mls at suse.de
Wed Mar 2 10:43:00 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 04:59:02PM +0100, Florian Festi wrote:
> I am pretty sure there are still pieces missing.
>
> So, my questions are: Who is actually working on reproducible builds?
> What else is missing? Are there any special needs for some build systems?

Dunno if I want to have the buildhost and the buildtime patched, this
is important information to know. The question is what's the goal
of reproducible builds, do you just want the same payload or should
the header also be the same? How about the signature, it contains
the current time as well.

Cheers,
  Michael.

Michael Schroeder                                   mls at suse.de
SUSE LINUX GmbH,           GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg