[Rpm-ecosystem] RFC: Better handling of per distro RPM macros

Florian Festi ffesti at redhat.com
Fri Mar 4 14:58:05 UTC 2016

On 03/04/2016 01:02 PM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> I would prefer if the language specific macros are not part of RPM
> at all. For Ruby on Fedora, we keep them part of Ruby package and it
> works just fine. Not sure why it should not be case for other
> languages (and I hope that for example Fedora's Perl guys are working
> toward this goal).

Keeping those language specific stuff close to the language packages is
probably a good idea. What I do not really like is that things will be
split up by distribution with no mechanism of syncing up at least from
time to time. So I am basically looking for a way to get the best of
both worlds: Having the people who actually care in charge why
maintaining an central synchronization point between distributions.

Florian