[Rpm-ecosystem] LIBDNF - code reduction + important further changes

Jaroslav Mracek jmracek at redhat.com
Thu Nov 30 19:45:40 UTC 2017

Dear colleagues,

As you could notes we try to reduce the code of LIBDNF and I believe that
so far without any breakage. The last huge code reduction (
https://github.com/rpm-software-management/libdnf/pull/390) is planned to
be merge soon if there will be no complains, but it is not going to be
released before the end of this year.

In future I also would like to reduce multiple paths for example for
filling the goal, but this will require closer cooperation of developers
and maintainers of PackageKit, rpm-ostree, and microdnf. At the present
time we support for example for install paths using DnfPackage
(hy_goal_install) or HySelector (hy_goal_install_selector). In future I
would like to support only selector path, because it provides more
flexibility. We also know that the second approach has a problem with
SOLVER_WEAK flag. I will be very happy for cooperation and any feedback.

Best regards,

    Jaroslav