[Rpm-ecosystem] DNF team would like to take over libdnf ownership

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Mon Oct 30 13:13:55 UTC 2017

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017, at 09:02 AM, Colin Walters wrote:

> mind and not just focus on the programming language.

That said since we're talking about that too, I would
be interested in exploring Rust for some of this too.
Modern C++ has a lot of nice things, but it still doesn't
give you reliable memory safety, and that matters a lot
when we're parsing XML, doing HTTP, etc. as we are today.
Using Rust has a *lot* of implications, even more than C++,
and I struggle with the tradeoffs a bit because we've just built
so much up in the C side.  But OTOH, again for a lot of this
problem domain, the advantages are quite nice.