[Rpm-ecosystem] Fwd: Proposing a new way to deliver Atomic systems: rpm-ostree jigdo ♲📦

Lubos Kocman lkocman at redhat.com
Tue Jan 2 08:14:14 UTC 2018

Hello

I'd like to share my experience with using jigdo on RHEL-7 product builds.
Most of that time is building images. JIGDO itself is big slowdown in the
process and perhaps time-wise the most expensive item on the image build
pipeline.

Did someone do some performance measuring? Is it satisfying for your needs?
>From my point of view jigdo is worth some performance improvements.

Lubos

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 8:51 PM, Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> wrote:

> Forwarding this here since it's quite relevant; I also think it's quite
> *interesting* for people interested in package/image systems.
>
> One consequence is I'll probably start doing some more patches
> for librepo.  Related to that, a bigger issue looms:
> https://github.com/projectatomic/rpm-ostree/issues/1127
>
> Anyways just sending this along since I think it'll be interesting
> for this audience; I'll bring up the repodata issue when I have
> time to circle back to that.

Thanks

Lubos