[Rpm-ecosystem] What is the recommended procedure for building Fedora packages on EL7?

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Jul 2 09:26:59 UTC 2018

Dne 29.6.2018 v 21:28 Jeff Johnson napsal(a):
> Examining EL7 bugzilla shows feature requests to backport weak dependencies and post-uninstall file triggers, two other incompatibilities between the versions of rpm in Fedora and EL7.

The weak deps backport is just about parsing. No one is going to build packages with RichDeps for EL7 (at least I hope).
This parsing is needed for application built on top of rpm. E.g., Red Hat Satellite (Spacewalk, Foreman). They run on
EL7, but they are managing RPMs for Fedoras, next version of EL... So they need rpm library, which is able to parse the
rpm and not fail on unknown tags.

> 1) Is there a transition plan (y/N)?

Transition from what to what?

Miroslav