[Rpm-ecosystem] Zchunk update

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Mon May 7 19:51:54 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-05-07 at 13:35 -0500, Pat Riehecky wrote:
> On 04/16/2018 04:48 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:
> > repomd.xml is being changed,
>
> Is there a link to the proposed new definition (dtd/xsd/rng)?

Assuming you're asking about the zchunk-enabled repomd.xml, I'm still
working on it.

My original plan (as currently implemented in the COPR) was to have new
records to hold the zchunk files, but this was making things awkward
with implementing fallback to xml.gz in dnf/librepo, so I'm now leaning
towards adding the zchunk info as new fields in the
primary/filelists/etc records.

I'm hoping to have a testable proposal for both sides (repo creation
and downloading) soon.

Jonathan