[Rpm-ecosystem] Anyone interested in working on the dnf ansible module?

Jan Silhan jsilhan at redhat.com
Mon May 25 14:28:14 UTC 2015

> From: "Pavel Odvody" <podvody at redhat.com>
>
> Makes me wonder, do we have YUM -> DNF regression test suite to throw at
> cases like this? Something nice like:
>
>   test("install a package").do("install
>   apache").check(rpm_package_installed("apache"))
>
> This could be executed on the client to quickly test against their
> version of DNF. It might also report additional guidance as to what to
> do when regressions are found.
> To make the test suite 'safe to run' without spoiling the host system we
> could use containers (nspawn) and/or different installroot.

So far we have only unit tests.

I was thinking about it. Some Behavior driven testing could be handy so the tests
definition could be easily reused in any RHEL based package manager in the future.
The same definition could be used for examples in packaging guide when dealing
with Soft dependencies too. The question is: Isn't it the job of QAs?

Honza