[Rpm-ecosystem] CAShe initial release in rawhide, caching between multiple packaging tools

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 17 17:13:54 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-06-17 at 10:05 +0200, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Dne 16.6.2015 v 22:12 James Antill napsal(a):
> >  Announcing that CAShe is now in rawhide and F22, this will hopefully
> > help solve a few problems with having multiple package managers and at
> > worst is a pretty good solution for caching packages over multiple
> > machines and/or the --installroot problem.
> >  Atm. it's only integrated into yum (aka. yum-deprecated command in F22
> > +) but should make it into some of the others, esp. when we have a C
> > implementation.
> >
> >  Upstream github is currently:
> >
> > https://github.com/james-antill/CAShe/
> >
> > ...which also contains some docs.
> >

> Just wondering, is there any relation to how dist-git stores the files?

 Well like a lot of things over the last few years they both use the
checksum of the data as the primary identifier. But they should be
designed quite different apart from that, Eg. CAShe is meant to be used
as a cache so you can delete things from it without consequence, on the
other side dist-git is meant to keep it's data "forever".