[Rpm-ecosystem] DNF module for Ansible rewrite

Pavel Odvody podvody at redhat.com
Tue Jul 7 12:34:11 UTC 2015

Hey,

at [1] is a re-implementation of the DNF module for Ansible using
exclusively DNF's APIs.
I have one question though, in the original code there was this [2],
which seems to try to search outstanding transactions for those
involving the specified packages; does that even make sense to try to do
this? First it feels like bypassing the DNF API in the first place,
second since there's no way to resolve the issue through Ansible/DNF
alone the error message will be particularly unhelpful.

I've tested the code with basic commands and playbooks so I'd appreciate
if anyone could help me with testing this :)

[1]: https://github.com/shaded-enmity/ansible-modules-extras/blob/SE/dnf/packaging/os/dnf.py
[2]: https://github.com/ansible/ansible-modules-extras/blob/devel/packaging/os/dnf.py#L349

--
Pavel Odvody <podvody at redhat.com>
Software Engineer - EMEA ENG Developer Experience