[Rpm-ecosystem] Fedora dist-git patches to allow using rpmdistro-gitoverlay to build the stack for CentOS7

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Sat Jul 11 20:52:00 UTC 2015

I'm looking at doing an "Atomic Continuous" build using rpmdistro-gitoverlay[1] which pulls down many projects from git, auto-builds rpms, and then using rpm-ostree to composes OSTree commits from that.  A key feature of this model is the ability to "undo" or freeze to an earlier commit, because OSTree doesn't care about version numbers - they can go backwards or freeze for a while when things inevitably break.

However, yum does obviously care about versions.  And rpmdistro-gitoverlay uses mock which uses yum.  Currently rpmdistro-gitoverlay injects an Epoch of 99, and to make that work we need patches to optionally honor the epoch in internal dependencies.   This isn't any uglier than the %{?_isa} stuff I think.

So, here are some patches for the Fedora dist-git for libsolv, hawkey, and librepo which allow using rpmdistro-gitoverlay more easily.

Also Hawkey has patches to disable Python 3 on RHEL7.   librepo is already carrying the equivalent python3 patch.

Any objections to these?

[1] https://github.com/cgwalters/rpmdistro-gitoverlay
[2] https://github.com/projectatomic/rpm-ostree