[Rpm-ecosystem] libhif, and grand plans

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 14:37:46 UTC 2015

On 24 July 2015 at 15:07, Neal Gompa <ngompa13 at gmail.com> wrote:
> If the interfaces are cleanly available (such that applicable libraries can
> be used in non-RPM systems as desired)

You want to be able to use hawkey for non-rpm systems? I wasn't going
to support the complexity of that use case without good reason.

> and everything (including libhif) is
> using CMake (which makes it much easier to integrate into other projects),

Can you elaborate why cmake makes it easier than just shipping a
pkgconfig file? The build system of the used library should make no
effect on the consuming project.

Richard