Segmentation fault when try run rpm to install init.d scripts

bpathakis at comcast.net bpathakis at comcast.net
Mon Dec 8 00:50:55 UTC 2008

Hi,

   I'm try to build a simple rpm to install a dbora script on sles10.  The rpm builds fine (with rpmbuild -ba), however when I try to install it, I get a Segmentation Fault.  My spec file looks like:

 Name: oracle
Version: 1
Release: 1
Source0: %{name}-%{version}.tar.gz
License: GPL
Group: Developer/Tools
BuildRoot: /var/tmp/%{name}-root
%description
Scripts for starting and stopping oracle databases and listeners on boot.
find-{requires,provides}
%_use_internal_dependency_generator     0
%prep
%setup -q
%build
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/rc.d/
%install
cp dbora $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/rc.d
#ln /etc/init.d/oracle /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S01oracle
#ln /etc/init.d/oracle /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/K21oracle
#ln /etc/init.d/oracle /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S01oracle
#ln /etc/init.d/oracle /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/K21oracle
%clean
#rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
%{_sysconfdir}/rc.d/dbora

The source file creates a single directory oracle-1, with a single file dbora.  Any help or tips you could offer would be appreciated.