trying to unpack multiple sources

Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov
Mon Dec 8 21:49:52 UTC 2008


Hi all.

I'm trying to build a package which aggregates 5 upstream tarballs (each
contains 1 script).  I've never really had the need for uncompressing
multiple sources before, but I knew the feature was there, so I tried.  I'm
attaching my spec file.  You can see what the %setup calls that I commented
out.  I tried multiple methods, but none got me what I wanted.  I ended up
doing it in the %install section.

What I wanted was for a directory %{name}-%{version}/ to be created, and
for each of the Sources to be extracted inside that directory.  What I am
doing in the SPEC works, but I'd really like to get it going using the
%setup macro.

If anyone has any other suggestions for cleaning up this SPEC, please feel
free to suggest it.  Liek I said, first time i've tried an rpm this way.

-greg(See attached file: ql-utils.spec)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: ql-utils.spec
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 3734 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.rpm.org/pipermail/rpm-list/attachments/20081208/d9531da9/attachment.obj 


More information about the Rpm-list mailing list