Problem about upgrade multiple rpm package.

qiuhd qiuhd at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Dec 10 15:30:31 UTC 2008

The new B does depend on new A.
You know, I am testing the package, there is a status checking in the %pre scriptlet, sometime it fail. The two packages may exit at the same time for the same reason.
My
problem is why the separate upgrade works fine with a clean exit, leave
the old installed one untouched, but one line command remove the old
one.

rpm -Uvh A_2.0.rpm
rpm -Uvh B_2.0.rpm

clean exit

rpm -Uvh A_2.0.rpm B_2.0.rpm

exit and remove the old one, we don't want this.

Thanks.