Frustration making an RPM package

Job 317 job317 at mailvault.com
Fri Nov 7 20:16:59 UTC 2008

On  7-Nov-2008 20:44:21 +0100, you wrote:

> you really should search google and/or the archives.
>
> Found this in thread of first result for "rpmbuild getOutputFrom":
>
> http://osdir.com/ml/linux.redhat.rpm.general/2002-10/msg00342.html

I know this gets frustrating to you when users chime in but I did in
fact google my issue and the answers were sparse and confusing. For
example, I did read that exact thread but I don't understand why the
file check would fail at all. I don't want to remove a possible valid
check but rather fix my package if I've made a mistake.

> > Also, the rpmbuild procedure seems to copy the files to their
destinaion
> > folders during the build process (e.g. "binary" actually ends up in
the
> > /usr/bin folder on the build machine when I run "rpmbuild -vv
-bb").

> > Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong here?
>
> Try reading through the previous thread entitled "How do I install an
> entire directory under /var with rpm"

I'll try to find this.

Thanks.