Is there is any way to non root user can able to install rpm

Velusamy, Baskar Baskar.Velusamy at chevron.com
Tue Nov 18 17:54:37 UTC 2008

Hi
We are creating desktop application for Linux, still now we are using
"tar" and shell script to install application in the client machines. We
are planning to distribute this software through rpm. Most of our
clients are not having root permission. Is there is any simple way to
override this problem ?

The following command solving our issue, but most our clients don't have
rights to request this to their Admin.

chmod -R a+rwx /var/lib/rpm ( by admin user )

Regards
Baskar