How-to not get a "depency resolution failed" for a already existing library.

L Pierre pierrelud at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 11 15:47:10 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've been struggling a few days now to create an installable rpm and no joy.

On installation I get "Dependency resolution failed" message: "libsemnoteslib.so is needed by package plasma-semnotes-0.3.0-1.fc10.i386 (/plasma-semnotes-0.3.0-1.fc10.i386)" although the library does reside on /usr/lib

What I need: I need to install my application that uses a library "libsemnoteslib.so". This library already resides in /usr/lib/. The library should not be installed by my rpm.

Then, as enhancement,it would be nice to just check it the library exists on /usr/lib if not, do not install otherwise install.

I create the rpm perfectly, but during install I get this error.

How do you do this simple task?

Here is my spec file:

# *********************************************************************************
# * This file is part of Semn Project.
# *
# * This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
# * modify it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public
# * License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
# * version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
# *
# * This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
# * but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
# * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
# * Library General Public License for more details.
# *
# * You should have received a copy of the GNU Library General Public License
# * along with this library; see the file COPYING.LIB.  If not, write to
# * the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor,
# * Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
# ********************************************************************************
#%define __use_internal-dependancy_generater 0
#%define __find_requires /usr/lib/rpm/find-requires libsemnoteslib.so

Name:           plasma-semnotes
Version:        0.3.0
Release:        1%{?dist}
Source0:        %{name}-%{version}-1-source.tar.bz2
BuildRoot:      %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root-%(%{__id_u} -n)
BuildRequires:  kdebase-workspace-devel >= 4.2.0
BuildRequires:  kdelibs-devel >= 4.2.0
BuildRequires:  kdebase-devel >= 4.2.0
BuildRequires:  kdebase-libs >= 4.2.0
BuildRequires:	rpm >= 4.6
BuildRequires:	soprano
BuildRequires:	soprano-devel >= 2.2.2
BuildRequires:	qt-devel >= 4.5.0
BuildRequires:	dbus-qt
BuildRequires:	qt-x11 >= 4.5.0
#PreReq:		libsemnoteslib.so

%description
SemNotes is a plasma applet, semantic note-taking tool.

%prep
%setup -c -n %{name}-%{version}-%{release}

%build
mkdir -p %{_target_platform}
pushd %{_target_platform}
%{cmake_kde4} ..
popd

make VERBOSE=1 %{?_smp_mflags} -C %{_target_platform}

%install
rm -rf %{buildroot}
make install DESTDIR=%{buildroot} -C %{_target_platform}

%clean
rm -rf %{buildroot}

%post -p /sbin/ldconfig

%postun -p /sbin/ldconfig

%files
%defattr(-,root,root,-)
#%doc COPYING README
%{_kde4_libdir}/kde4/plasma_applet_semnotes.so
%{_kde4_datadir}/kde4/services/plasma-applet-semnotes.desktop
%{_kde4_datadir}/kde4/apps/desktoptheme/default/widgets/background.svg
%{_kde4_datadir}/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/semnotes.png

%changelog
* Fri Aug 07 2009 Pierre Ludwick <pierre.ludwick at deri.org> 0.3.0-1
- Initial version 0.3.0