_prefix hard-coded to /usr?

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 06:16:16 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 4:31 PM,  <hmiller at hiwaay.net> wrote:
> The $RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX variable was what I needed in the %post section to
> show me where the application was installed, so that works now.
>
> Thanks,
> Herb Miller

I keep getting the feeling that I'm blindfolded poking a sword into a
dark closet hoping to spear a floating apple.  All these macros are
driving me crazy!

How do you know tidbits like $RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX ?

Years and Years ago I learned how to make RPMs from "Maximum RPM".  I
suppose that was 10 years ago, before there was so much emphasis on
macros in SPEC files.

Has anyone written a more-or-less complete tutorial like Maximum RPM
for the modern age?

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science