question about package conflicts

Florian Festi ffesti at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 07:32:29 UTC 2009

Dave Peterson wrote:
> I'm not familiar with the concept of package colors.  What are
> they?
>
> Also, it looks like the comparison is influenced by the color
> bits and preferred file color associated with a transaction
> set.  What are these?

There are three colors: 32 bit binaries (1), 64 bit binaries (2) and all
other files (0). Yes, colors are numbers in this rainbow.

Files with colors 1 and 2 do not conflict even if their content differs and
the file with the preferred arch is used and the other is ignored or
silently overwritten. No one said it is a beautiful solution...

Florian