rpm.spec in rpm-4.4.2.3

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Thu Jan 29 13:19:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Chris Osborn wrote:

> In the INSTALL file, it says:
>
>     Edit the rpm.spec file to mirror any special steps you needed to
>     follow to make rpm compile and change the specfile to match your
>     taste.
>
> I've looked everywhere in the files included in the .tar.gz and I
> can't find the rpm.spec file. Where can I get it from?

Oh, that's a historical leftover (and not the only one) in the INSTALL
doc. Having a "reference spec" in upstream tarball doesn't make much sense
as it's bound to be very distro specific so it was removed.

If you dont want to start from scratch, just grab some distro's rpm.spec
for a starting point.