RPM package bundle problem.

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Thu Jul 23 10:08:31 UTC 2009

At the point when you run the %post the files are *not* in
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT but instead under root (/).

Plus you should not be running another rpm transaction within an rpm
transaction - it might work (depending on the version of rpm), or it
might fail with locking issues, or it might completely corrupt your
rpm database.

You should do this with dependancies and a proper package management
tool (ie yum etc) rather than abusing raw rpm.

	Nigel.

On 23 Jul 2009, at 10:48, NgaNTH wrote:

> I don’t understand what you wrote L As I see from this spec (I
> copied it from the internet),  2 rpm (abc and log4c) will be
> extracted into folder $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{bundledir}
> Then, from this folder, it will run : rpm –Uvh with each rpm to
> install log4c and abc.
>
> So, in your opinion, please tell clearly what I should do to make
> this spec work properly as I expected? Thanks
>
> A Typo perhaps? You are installing into bundledir and not in the rpm
> buildroot :=)
> rpm -Uvh %{bundledir}/log4c-1.2.1-1.i386.rpm
>
> rpm -Uvh %{bundledir}/abc-1.0-1.i386.rpm
>

> hth
>
> PS
>
> Let me guess: have you perhaps ALSO looked to my yum-pull-update ?

[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.com ]