Create a RPM package that install other RPM package!

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 4 15:06:37 UTC 2009

seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> writes:

> On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 11:30 -0300, Jorge Pereira wrote:
>> Hello Everyone!
>>
>> I have an RPM package for a given application, and this package works
>> perfectly!
>> so now I need to make sure this package is a dependency, if not
>> installed it will
>> automatically install another RPM package that turns inside the package!
>>
>> Example:
>>
>> i have the RPM "package-001.rpm" that depends of "adobe-air1.xx.rpm",
>> if package of adboe-air is not installed, i need run eg something like
>> rpm -ivh /path/install/adobe-air1.xx.rpm
>>
>> just is a some example! i try but don't works becouse the resource is locked by
>> first instance of "rpm -ivh", this is possible?
>>

> no. It's not possible.

Actually, I was trying to solve this and I got it to work by
moving the transaction lock out of the way, performing the secondary
rpm operation, and then moving the rpm lock back into place.

> -sv

-derek