./configure error

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sat Nov 7 13:59:21 UTC 2009

Hello All,

I have recently installed FC10 on a dev box and am running into problems
trying to build my first rpm in the environment. I have built several
(simple) rpmbuild's in Centos5 and FCx4-9. Regardless how i setup my
package .spec file I am always ending up with an Bad exit error,ending
in;
"./configure: No such file or directory"
I set up my build tree with rpmdev-setuptree. I have read were as of
FC10 the build macros have changed considerably behind the scenes,but
can not find any hard examples of what to change my existing(old) spec
files to make them work in FC10. I have even tried doing the
generic .spec file generation of rpmdev-newspec
rpmdev-setuptree does of course generate the default .rpmmacros file in
the ~/joeuser dir.
I have updated to the latest rpm,rpm-build packages for fc10 BTW. Could
it be possible these rpm's have a bug in them?
I know for a fact after updating to the latest Bluefish editor ,it
kills/strips any file that was not created by itself:(
Anyone tell me what a dummy like me is missing?

Thank You,
Barry