hardcode files in %files stanza

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Mon Nov 9 03:02:51 UTC 2009

Hello All,

I am making some advances on rpm building after installing FC10. I am a
novice at rpmbuilding,and am wondering if there is a workaround for
hardcoding files into the %files section of the spec file? You used to
be able to do this,but it appears on FC10 anyway it checks for
buildroot.
I would like to add some files/binaries that are on my system to the
files section but when I add them by the path,when trying to build
rpmbuild looks for everything at buildroot.
%files
/usr/bin/file
/usr/sbin/file2
,,, no longer works.
When i try and place the files in either the BUILD or BUILDROOT
directory,,of course this fails miserably also.
Ideas?

Thank You,
Barry