hardcode files in %files stanza

pbdlists at pinboard.com pbdlists at pinboard.com
Mon Nov 9 20:34:06 UTC 2009

Hi Barry,

I'm not sure I understand what you try to do. But when building RPM's,
you do install things as, for example, %{BUILDROOT}/usr/bin/file and in
the files section you then would set /usr/bin/file. This it the standard
which surely was in place when I started buiding RPM's and that was
before F10.

So once again for clarity:
The file to be included in the RPM is to be found on your system as
        %{BUILDROOT}/usr/bin/file
and in the files section, this file is referenced as
        /usr/bin/files
(without the BUILDROOT part).

If you really included files installed on your system and not under
%{BUILDROOT}, then you definitely did something wrong.

Hope this helps,

Kurt