generic %if conditional in rpm

Edward Peschko horos11 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 20:10:16 UTC 2009

All,

I wanted to add a simple, generic conditional to an rpm spec file, one
that did a file system test (eg. %if -e <filename>, do this).

How does one do this? I see %ifarch and %ifos, am finding it hard to
believe that spec files don't support generic conditionals.

So - what am I missing here? The reason I need it is because it looks
like the environment that I have is lying to me about the architecture
- ie: have a chroot setup as a 32 bit environment but in a 64 bit
machine. So - %ifarch picks up the wrong architecture - and I'm having
a devil of a time making a generic workaround for this.

Ed