rpm packaging problem

ram s ramforummail at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 07:04:28 UTC 2009

Hello all,

sorry to ask questions again and again.
I am new to rpm packaging.

I am trying to  create one RPM package for my daemon application in Fedora
10.

daemon application contains ,
1. daemon.c
2. daemon.h
3. list.c
4.list.h
5.makefile.

So , I am just tar the daemon application as "daemon.tar.gz".

I put this daemon.tar.gz in /home/user/rpmbuild/SOURCES directory.

I am creating spec filr and put it in /home/user/rpmbuild/SPECS  directory.

Now, I am tying to create binary RPM for my application. I am in x86_64
architecture.

when I run *rpmbuild -bs daemon-1.spec*   and then *rpmbuild -bb
daemon-1.spec*

only source rpm created. Binary RPM is not created.

How to cretae binary RPM for my application.

MY spec file is,

[SPEC]
Name: daemon
Version:1
Release:1
License: GPL
Group: Applications/System
Source:daemon.tar.gz
BuildRoot: /home/nco_user/rpmbuild/tmp

BuildArch:noarch
Packager:S.J.Ram
%define destdir /home/nco_user/rpmbuild/builddir
%description
This Package install Daemon application
%prep
%setup -qn %{name}