Solved binary package creation!Have some doubts...

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 02:35:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 4:33 AM, ram s<ramforummail at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> sorry for my previous post.
>
> I wrongly gave rpm uninstall command.
>
> it is,
> rpm -e daemon-1.
> now i can able to install and unib=nstall.
> So, if I want top create package for java also is it same.
>
> instead of make i need to use ant.
>
> If I want top check dependensies and if I failed in checking the
> dependencies i want to inform to users.
> How can I check dependencies in spec file.
>
> If I want to check is java installed, is gcc installed, is libpcap
> installed, how can I check.

List all packages

rpm -qa

Screen same output for letters "gcc"

rpm -qa | grep gcc

Note in the output it gives package names and you use those names,
e.g., "blah",  not the file name "blah.rpm" to remove a package.

You might consider installing yumex, which is a graphical interface to
the rpm system

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson