Files packaged in /var won't be affected by rpm -U?

vs victor_sira at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 24 22:21:47 UTC 2009

----- Original Message ----

Thanks for the pointer to the mysql spec.

Question on that rpm then, if the user performs an rpm -U to the next version of mysql I imagine rpm won't touch the data inside /var/lib/mysql because since they were created after installation, it doesn't own those files, even though it does own the directory correct?

Thanks for your assistance,

--vs