rpm installation via the python api using a prefix

Joe Ebmeier ebmeierj at iivip.com
Wed Dec 29 19:43:17 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm running CentOS 5.3 (rpm version 4.4.2.3, python version 2.4.3)

I'm writing a python script to facilitate rpm installations.  I currently
have a relocatable package and I would like to change the location in which
it is installed.  However, I have been unable to find anything about an api
interface to the command line "--prefix" or "--relocate" options.  Is this
functionality available through the python apis?

Joe