RPM too large?? > 2 GB

FlorianFesti ffesti at redhat.com
Wed Jul 7 09:59:27 UTC 2010

On 07/05/2010 10:55 PM, Samir Cury wrote:
> I was trying to build a huge RPM here, uncompressed source is 480 MB.

I'd guess that the binary RPM is simply bigger than the source. May be
you are mixing things up and also put the build files into the binary
package? RPM also doubles the files' metadata (header + cpio payload)
but that alone should not increase the size from 500 to 2000MB... May be
splitting up the package in several sub packages is an option.

Florian