Building a 32bit RPM on 64bit Linux: Wrong dependencies auto-generated

devzero2000 pinto.elia at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 11:08:28 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Philipp Münzel <mail at philippmuenzel.de> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm unsure whether this is the right place for posting this question, but I
> have searched the web for days now and was unable to come up with a
> solution.
>
> This is the problem: I made a SPEC file for building an application in 32bit
> mode on a 64bit Linux. I got around all the stuff regarding compiler flags,
> 32bit libraries and so on.
Are you using the "GNU build tool" ? Have you used rpmbuild --target
or something like mock ?
> The RPM generated ends up in the i586 folder and it has i586 in its name.
> When I unpack it using rpm2cpio it has a 32bit application inside. When I
> ldd the application, it says it links to the 32bit libraries. Everything as
> it should be.

What tell you rpm -qRp <rpmname> ?
> I didn't specify any dependencies in the spec manually, because I rely on
> dependency auto-generation by ldd (ldd correctly points to the 32bit
> libraries, as mentioned).
ldd ? rpm have an internal dependency generator based on libelf from
rh 9. BTW, find-requires script are gone from a loong time.

Use this toy script for finding the deps as rpm does internally
(http://devzero2000.pastebin.com/NBLpeKwN)