Building a 32bit RPM on 64bit Linux: Wrong dependencies auto-generated

Philipp Münzel mail at philippmuenzel.de
Thu Jul 29 18:53:43 UTC 2010

I'd like to thank you for your fast answers and especially the script.
Without the script, I would have been unable to pin down the error, that
actually was that I overlooked something in my buildscript: I copied a
64bit library into my rpm, that was not referenced by any of the
applications, since they were correctly build as 32bit. The library,
whilst unneeded and unreferenced, still was there and referenced the
64bit libstdc++.
Thanks for your help. This script will now come in very handy from time
to time.

Regards,
Philipp