Regarding RPM

Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov
Sun Jun 20 13:26:11 UTC 2010

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, then #1 is usually handled
by Requires.  If you must do it programatically, exiting in the pre script
is usually best, because exiting in post still installs the package.
You'll want to play with the exiting though, I know a bad exit status will
cancel/error out the install, but have never tried to exit on purpose.

For #2, user input, and any amount of visible output, is generally
considered bad practice.  For overridng the instakllation read up on
Prefix, which can be overridden.  As I'm on my phone I don't have a link.
The MaxRPM and the Fedora Packaging Guidelines are good reference usually.

Greg Swift
Sent with mobile device, please pardon errors.