Error while loading shared libraries: libdb-5.0.so during rpm install

Meskimen, Chad M Chad.M.Meskimen at ulalaunch.com
Tue Jun 15 20:21:18 UTC 2010

I'm having an error while trying to install rpm version 4.8.0. The configure and make commands work fine, but when I try to do make install, the following error appears:

/home/rpm-4.8.0/.libs/lt-rpm: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-5.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Followed by:

sed: invalid option -- /

libdb-5.0.so is on my computer and I've checked the Makefile and the path is correct in it. I think the sed error is probably a result of the other error, but I have no idea how to fix the other error. Please help.

Chad Meskimen

United Launch Alliance

Intern, Delta Ground Software

(303)-971-5709