--provides epoch

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 10 17:20:51 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 10:21 -0600, Todd Rinaldo wrote:
> The following command does not tell me what the epoch is of each version it provides, even when I know the epoch was provided in that spec file. How do I get this information?
>
> rpm -qp --provides $RPMFILE

 --provides is actually:

--qf \
  "[%|VERBOSE?{%{PROVIDEFLAGS:deptype}: }:{}|%{PROVIDENAME} %|
PROVIDEFLAGS?{%{PROVIDEFLAGS:depflags} %{PROVIDEVERSION}}:{}|\n]"

...where the "version" you see is from the PROVIDEVERSION tag, this
should display the epoch tag correctly for all non-zero values (Eg. bind
displays correctly here).
 For zero valued epochs, the display is probably correct but you just
aren't expecting other bits of rpm to do magic with them.