ps - disabling compatibility checks

Edward Peschko horos11 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 02:40:21 UTC 2010

ps - better yet - is there a way to install two different versions of
the same module, such that you don't need to worry about file name
conflicts, and the 'newer' versions of the files win out over the
older?

For example, we have a need to keep openssl 0.9.7 around for legacy
purposes. Yet it would be very nice to have 0.9.8 around as well. If
one could install the second version without worrying about
uninstalling the first (and not worry about common man pages, etc)
then we could keep legacy compatibility yet not be 'stuck' at the old
revlevel..

Any info on this would be great - I'm finding that rpm is being very
recalcitrant for me in being able to maintain a production system, but
then again, maybe I'm using it incorrectly.

Ed