description and summary not updated for firefox rpm unless renamed

Daniel Neuberger daniel.neuberger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 16:51:45 UTC 2011

On 08/08/2011 12:36 PM, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
> How are you displaying the summary/description of the resulting RPM? I
> suspect you are picking up the original package.

That's what I was thinking too, but I've even tried removing the package
from my system before building and querying and the problem is the same.

I've tried displaying the information four ways:

rpm -qi --specfile firefox.spec              # query the spec
rpm -qip firefox-4.0.1-2851.cdmo.x86_64.rpm  # query the rpm
rpm -qi firefox                              # after installing it
less firefox-4.0.1-2851.cdmo.x86_64.rpm      # view the rpm metadata

All four have the same problem.

Thanks.

- Daniel