Question about LGPL license for RPM package.

Hiroyuki Iizaka hiizaka at mvista.com
Mon Dec 26 07:19:21 UTC 2011

Hello,

Of August I was asked about RPM license,
and I got following reply.

> The issue of RPM's license only comes into play if you are
> distributing RPM itself or any changes to RPM.

For example, if it is using the linux os for embedded devices
as it would not be a problem?
In this case, it would distribute the rpm system.

Therefore, if the license of librpmdb.so / librpmio.so aren't LGPL,
there is a problem.

It means that, the proprietary software which packaged by rpm and
used in embedded devices, it have to open the source code.

So, I want to clarify that librpmdb.so and librpmio.so are LGPL or not.

Thanks in advance.

--
Hiroyuki Iizaka