How can I install in a different directory with my RPM file?

kali c direct2kali at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 09:03:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have created a SPEC file that contains the lines,

%files
/usr/bin/myFile1
/usr/bin/myFile2

And I can build the SPEC file without any errors. But after installing the
RPM package through "yum", the files reside as such specified in the files
section.
By that I mean, myFile1 resides in /usr/bin and myFile2 resides in /usr/bin,
rightly so.

But if while installing can i specify some path, so that it resides in the
specified directory.

Say can I specify a directory /disk1/myFolder so that the installed files
will be like, /disk1/myFolder/myFile1 and so..

How can I specify a user defined directory while installing it and what
changes I have to make in the SPEC file to achieve that?

--
Regards,
Kali