per package BuildRoot does not work

Jason Pyeron jpyeron at pdinc.us
Wed Jun 8 12:30:59 UTC 2011

Why? I sounds to me you are building 2 different packages. Are you concerned
with tracking the updates to both files, if so use scripts that are part of the
source.

> both packages are created with one rpmbuild call without
> passing any special parameters or ENV variables to rpmbuild.
>
> Well, everything works fine, except for one point: It seems
> that I cannot specify a different BuildRoot for each package?!
>
> I know the basic usage of packages, e.g. for mysql where a
> huge build creates lots of files and each of them later
> belongs to one certain package like "libs", "server" or "devel".
>
> My case is different: In the buildroot there are sub
> directories "standard" and "premium" which in turn contain
> the identical structures and files, just compiled differently.
>
> Example:
>
> /var/tmp/buildroot/standard/etc/myservice.conf
> /var/tmp/buildroot/premium/etc/myservice.conf
>
> The files section just references the files wanted, ie.
>
> %files standard
> /etc/myservice.conf
>
> %files premium
> /etc/myservice.conf
>
> Now how do I tell rpmbuild to use the buildroot
> /var/tmp/buildroot/standard for the standard package and
> /var/tmp/buildroot/premium for the premium package?
>
> I tried to not specify a global "BuildRoot" but directly in
> each %package section. But rpmbuild just takes the first
> occurence and uses it globally and ignores the second. So I
> get dozends of "error: File not found:" errors.
>
> How can I rewrite the %files macro to use a different buildroot?
>
> I'm using rpm-build-4.3.3-33_nonptl.el4_8.1 on RHEL4.8.
>
> Kind regards
> Marten

- Jason Pyeron                      PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Principal Consultant              10 West 24th Street #100    -
- +1 (443) 269-1555 x333            Baltimore, Maryland 21218   -