spec conditions

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Wed Jun 8 15:01:08 UTC 2011

Hello,

to work around the (unfortunately not possible) per-package buildroot
problem I'm trying to use conditions in the spec file, ie.

%define edition standard

%if %{edition}==shared
Conflicts: service-premium
%description
lim_procs=24

%elseif %{edition}==premium
Conflicts: service-standard
%description
lim_procs=64

%endif

First I have to point out, that == conditions like %if
%{edition}==shared are documented nowhere! I just made it by guessing
and trying.

But the real problem is, that rpmbuild uses the last description in any
case, so the description of the package is always "lim_procs=64" while
the Summary is set correctly. Either it's a bug or not intended to do
the right thing by design.

How can I solve this?

Kind regards
Marten