rpmbuild for python generated 2 different prefixes

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Tue Mar 1 03:45:59 UTC 2011

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, travel NJ wrote:

> this is my first time using rpmbuild, I was able to generate 2 rpms,
> Python-2.7-2.x86_64.rpm  Python-debuginfo-2.7-2.x86_64.rpm
> But Python-2.7-2.x86_64.rpm correctly list the files in /usr/local
> but Python-debuginfo-2.7-2x86_64 rpm listed files to be install in
> /usr/lib/debug/usr/local/{bin,lib,Include}, I am not sure what went wrong

Perhaps nothing went wrong.  That is where debuginfo is normally installed on a
great many systems.  If your system is different, find out where your system
stores debuginfo and modify the SPEC file.  Another possibility is that
you are missing the utility to strip the debuginfo into separate files.
The compiler includes it in the object code.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>