rpmbuild for python generated 2 different prefixes

travel NJ travelnj11 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 07:58:58 UTC 2011

Sorry, I am not sure how to respond back to Stuart Gathman's post....

He stated

"Perhaps nothing went wrong.  That is where debuginfo is normally installed
on a
great many systems.  If your system is different, find out where your system
stores debuginfo and modify the SPEC file.  Another possibility is that
you are missing the utility to strip the debuginfo into separate files.
The compiler includes it in the object code."

Can you elaborate on this? I am not a programmer ...
a. you meant the debug info is installed in
/usr/lib/debug/usr/local/{bin,lib,Include}... how do I find out whether the
debuginfo should be installed?
b. How do I modify the spec file, I created the spec file to create the
Python rpm and did realize that it would create both rpms...how do I specify
the spec file so that one rpm goes to /usr/local and another one go to ??
(/usr/local/lib/debug may be??)

Thanks