rpmbuild for python generated 2 different prefixes

travel NJ travelnj11 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 18:17:18 UTC 2011

I think I partially understood the response. I found out the default
installaiton of the debug rpm is on /usr/lib/debug,
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/14517923/dir/redhat_el_5/com/python-debuginfo-2.4.3-27.el5_5.2.i386.rpm.html
 but one thing I still don't understand is that how I can change the
location to /usr/local, say /usr/local/lib/debug and /usr/local/src/debug,
It seems to be quite ugly to have /usr/lib/debug/usr/local/bin/python.debug
while the python executables live in /usr/local/bin.
Any suggestions?

thanks