having problems wrapping a simple jar file in rpm

mark meyer geeky2 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 7 19:50:25 UTC 2011

hello all,

need help wrapping a simple jar file in an rpm.

all of the examples i have found assume that you are going to create the rpm from source code.

for my application - i already have the "built" jar file and want to distribute it to a user as an rpm.

when i try to build the rpm - i get the following error:

Processing files: maximus-2.0.0-1.i586
error: File not found: /home/mark/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/maximus-2.0.0-1.i386/home/mark/PWMP-EJB.jar

RPM build errors:
    File not found: /home/mark/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/maximus-2.0.0-1.i386/home/mark/PWMP-EJB.jar
<<

the single jar that i am trying to package up is really located in /home/mark/ on my build machine.

also - how do i specify that the contents of the rpm should "land" in a specific directory - example /var/sns/install-2.5.0.9/

thank you,
mark

here is my spec file:

mark at gecko3 rpmbuild > cat ./SPECS/mark.spec

Name: maximus
Version: 2.0.0
Release: 1
License: GPL
Group: Development/Tools

%description

%build

%prep

%install

%clean

%post

%postrun
echo -e "i am in postrun \n"

%files
%defattr(-,root,root,-)
/home/mark/PWMP-EJB.jar

here are the settings in my .rpmmacros file
mark at gecko3 rpmbuild > cat ~/.rpmmacros
%packager      mark meyer <mmeyer at primexinc.com>
%vendor        Primex Wireless
%_topdir       /home/mark/rpmbuild/